About Matt’s Career as Software Engineer:
My career in Software Engineering had an unorthodox beginning. I didn’t know I wanted to pursue my career in software engineering until the third year in my College. At the time, I was studying for an Electrical Engineering degree when I unexpectedly found myself an internship opportunity with a small software engineering firm. After the internship, I realized Software Engineer was a better career option for me. I eventually graduated with an Electrical Engineering degree and earned a job with a large corporation despite I had never taken a software programming course. I realized the importance of my internship experience where I learned to write code without understanding the concept of Object Oriented Programming. Long story short, I stayed with the same company for 17 years and still counting!
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 17+ years of professional software engineering experience with a diverse background in requirement analysis, system design, development, integration, maintenance support and program transition
- Nine years of professional technical management experience involving staffing projections / hiring, cost accounting, schedule, metrics, risk / opportunity management, and subcontract management
- Four years of software programming with database, COTS integration, and software testing.
- Five years of software development team lead (IPT Lead)
- Proven experience in Project Management, Proposal Management, Systems Engineering and Analysis, and bringing innovative solutions
- Established success in building effective customer relationships
- Demonstrated experience managing 35+ employees and subcontractors